26 June 2009

How to lose a customer

Another in a series of poor customer service stories. This one is about Edible Blossoms in Saint John, New Brunswick.

osCommerce

I wanted to have one of those edible fruit arrangements that look like flowers sent to a friend who has been feeling unwell. Calling up the store, I found out that the person who was manning the store didn't know how to make the item advertised on their website that I was interested in, and that the person who did know wouldn't be in till Monday. Probing further, I found out that the person manning the store didn't even know that they had a website, and when I pressed on in the face of adversity by asking which arrangements they were able to do, the poor clerk said she was only trained in doing one arrangement and that she didn't know the name of it on the website so I would have no idea what I would be sending.

I would never, ever shop at that store ever and encourage everyone to stay away as well.
This is not the clerk's fault, but the manager's. The idea that you would leave someone to man your business who is entirely incapable of fulfilling an order till three days later does not inspire any sort of confidence in the performance of your business. So, BOOOOOOO to Edible Arrangements in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.


No comments: